DIY stuff is always a great idea when you want to style your home the way you want with your personalized touch. Along with adding a new piece of beauty into your home, DIY stuff makes you feel creative and fills your empty time with something meaningful to do.
Why should you DIY?
Bringing in some innovation into your life makes you feel less stressed and helps you take your mind off the daily worries. Here are a few reasons to begin DIY things now:
- DIY things can cost less than what you might have to pay for the same product.
- You get to declutter and organize things into a new form, without having to buy anything from out.
- You can come across people with similar DIY interests and make good bonds.
- Once as you find something you particularly love to do, you can create a livelihood out of that.
- DIY helps you manage stress and reduce tension.
- You can always refurbish your home with products best suiting your vibe!
Here we will be talking about making a DIY wine rack: Getting wine racks of your choice is always a difficult task. Mostly you do not get the shape, color, or size you are looking for, and sometimes the wine racks you buy do not seem fit in your household. So, why not begin making a wine rack! You can color it the way you want, and make it as you deem fit! This DIY project is super easy, and you will have a DIY wine rack ready with a few minutes’ work.
How to make a DIY wine rack?
For making a wine rack, you will need a few empty large tin cans. You can keep storing tin cans from the canned food you buy instead of flipping them off into your recycling bin. If you do not use much-canned food, try a few different recipes that use canned beans, mixed canned vegetables, tomatoes, etc. See how a DIY project can also help you explore new things like different dishes?!
Other things you will require:
- A file
- Spray paint ( any color )
- strong industrial glue (make sure it has a powerful holding ability. You will not want your wine bottles to come down the second you finish keeping them.)
And, you should have at least six large cans for this DIY wine rack. The cans need to be of 28oz or larger, to store your wine bottles efficiently.
Thoroughly clean and dry all the cans that you saved for this DIY project. Now, remove the bottom of the tin cans with a can opener. Always be careful as metal can easily cut. Then file the rough edges to smoothen them or use sandpaper. Spray paint the cans with any color you want. If you want to be more creative, draw intricate designs on the sides of the cans that will be visible. Let the paint dry before you begin gluing the cans.
As mentioned previously, make sure your glue is heavy-duty. Now generously apply glue to the cans and stack them in a pyramidal shape. You can then begin with three cans on the bottom, two in the middle, and one on the top. Let the glue dry before you stack your wine bottles into your DIY wine rack. You can also use clips to hold the cans in place as the glue dries.
Making a wine rack can be very satisfying. Give this a try the next time you feel innovative.